Cryptocurrencies you can trade on PDAX
With 37 cryptocurrencies and counting, PDAX offers one of the widest token offerings you can trade directly with Philippine pesos. Here’s a rundown of what we have available on both the PDAX mobile app and on web.pdax.ph.
Take note that some cryptocurrencies are paired with PHP while some are paired with PHPT. PHP is used for cashing in and cashing out funds while PHPT is an internal utility token used for trading our newly launched cryptocurrencies. For more information on trading pairs and how to convert between PHP and PHPT, please visit this link.
- Bitcoin (BTC) - Bitcoin is the first and most widely recognized cryptocurrency, which paved the way for a decentralized, secure, and transparent peer-to-peer financial system.
- Ethereum (ETH) - Ethereum or “Ether” is the cryptocurrency of the second largest blockchain next to Bitcoin. The Ethereum network introduced smart contracts and decentralized applications, allowing blockchains to be used for numerous applications beyond payments and value storage.
- Ripple (XRP) - XRP is the token used by Ripple, a real-time settlement system and crypto’s equivalent to the SWIFT system used by banks globally for remittances and cross-border transfers.
- Litecoin (LTC) - Litecoin is generally regarded as the first altcoin, and was developed to offer faster and cheaper transactions than Bitcoin, using an improved hashing algorithm based on the original Bitcoin protocol to increase the network's speed.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) - Bitcoin Cash is a cryptocurrency which was “forked” from the original Bitcoin blockchain, with improvements to its network such as a larger block size to facilitate faster transactions.
- Tether (USDT) - USDT is a stablecoin which maintains a value peg of 1:1 with the US dollar by being backed by cash reserves and other cash equivalents. The pioneer stablecoin, Tether, was the first cryptocurrency that allowed for price stability.
- USD Coin (USDC) - USDC is the second largest stablecoin pegged to the value of the US dollar. It is backed by actual dollar reserves and treasury bills and kept under scrutiny by US financial institutions.
- The Graph (GRT) - GRT is the token that runs The Graph, dubbed as the “Google” of blockchains, The Graph is a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying data from blockchains, enabling fast and scalable access to data for developers.
- Chainlink (LINK) - LINK is the token that powers the Chainlink oracle network, a specialized network that functions as a bridge for connecting blockchains with real world data to be used to execute smart contracts.
- Uniswap (UNI) - UNI is the native token of Uniswap, a decentralized exchange that allows users to trade Ethereum-based tokens. Uniswap carries out trades anonymously through the use of liquidity pools instead of order books, and allows users to earn passive income by contributing liquidity to the pools.
- Compound (COMP) - COMP is the token of Compound, an open-source, autonomous protocol built on Ethereum that enables users to earn interest or borrow assets against collateral, providing a decentralized alternative to traditional banking.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) - Basic Attention Token is the cryptocurrency designed to reward ordinary users, advertisers, and publishers who use the Brave browser. Brave uses a decentralized advertising model with the aim of protecting user privacy and increasing ad efficiency.
- Aave (AAVE) - AAVE is the native token of Aave, a decentralized non-custodial money market platform that enables users to lend and borrow cryptocurrencies and other real-world assets.
- Enjin Coin (ENJ) - The Enjin Coin was developed on the Ethereum network to provide users with a more efficient and less costly means to manage and protect their NFTs, especially with gaming and entertainment assets.
- Cardano (ADA) - ADA is the token which is the foundation of the Cardano blockchain, one of the first among the “third generation blockchains” which utilized a Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism to focus on addressing the scalability problem.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) - DOGE started as a ‘memecoin’ based on the popular Shiba Inu meme, but has since surprisingly gained a dedicated online following and is now widely used for online transactions and tipping content creators.
- Solana (SOL) - SOL is the native token of Solana, a blockchain designed to address network congestion, expensive transaction fees, and high energy consumption by using a unique Proof-of-History protocol to synchronize “time” and streamline network traffic.
- Stellar (XLM) - XLM is the token of the Stellar network, a highly efficient digital payment network for cross-border transactions and micropayments.
- Algorand (ALGO) - ALGO is the token on the Algorand network, a decentralized blockchain that aside from providing fast and secure transactions, is also claimed to be fully sustainable and carbon neutral thanks to its novel “Pure Proof-of-Stake” protocol.
- Avalanche (AVAX) - The AVAX token powers Avalanche, a blockchain developed around addressing the issue of balancing usability, scalability, and decentralization by coming up with its own consensus mechanism and unique network architecture.
- Polkadot (DOT) - DOT is the cryptocurrency used on Polkadot, a blockchain being developed to enable interoperability between different blockchain networks, allowing for the transfer of assets and data between them.
- Polygon (MATIC) - MATIC is the token for Polygon, an Ethereum scaling solution that utilizes a network of sidechains and rollup technology to increase the network's speed and reduce transaction costs.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) - Following the memecoin route, SHIB soon after evolved as a more functional alternative to Dogecoin, giving users smart contracts and dApp functionality and earning it the reputation of “Dogecoin Killer”.
- Sushi (SUSHI) - SUSHI is the cryptocurrency that runs the Sushi decentralized exchange and its many financial products such as liquidity, lending, yield farming, and deposits.
- BUSD (BUSD) - BUSD is a third largest stablecoin pegged to the US dollar, backed by cash reserves and treasury bills and issued by Paxos, in partnership with Binance.
- BNB (BNB) - BNB is the token used to build up-and-coming crypto projects on the BNB Chain. It can also be used to avail of trading discounts on the Binance cryptocurrency exchange.
- Tezos (XTZ) - TXZ is the token on the Tezos network, a Proof-of-Stake blockchain with its own self-amending protocol that allows it to adapt quickly to community and industry changes without having to resort to hard forks.
- Pax Gold (PAXG) - PAXG is a cryptocurrency that represents ownership of physical gold, offering a way to invest in gold with the benefits of a digital asset, such as 24/7 trading and ease of transfer.
- Wrapped Ethereum (WETH) - WETH is a proxy token that can represent ETH outside of the Ethereum network, allowing for seamless interaction with decentralized applications and protocols and access to lower gas fees and faster transaction speeds.
- ApeCoin (APE) - APE is an Ethereum token which allows its holders to participate in the governance of the APE ecosystem, which brought the world one of the most successful NFT collections to date–the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
- Decentraland (MANA) - MANA is the currency used on Decentraland, a massive metaverse platform where users can create, experience, and monetize content and applications.
- The Sandbox (SAND) - SAND is the cryptocurrency that runs ‘The Sandbox’, a decentralized gaming platform where users can create and monetize their own games.
- Gala (GALA) - GALA is the governance token of the Gala gaming ecosystem, where gamers themselves contribute and own the content.
- Smooth Love Potion (SLP) - Smooth Love Potion (SLP) is the in-game digital currency that players earn within the Axie Infinity platform and is used to breed the game’s playable NFTs or “Axies”.
- Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) - AXS is the governance token of the Axie Infinity metaverse which players can use to claim rewards for staking and voting in community polls.
- Green Satoshi Token (GST) - GST is the main reward token for STEPN, the pioneering move-to-earn app that rewards its users for simply walking, jogging, or running.
- STEPN (GMT) - GMT is another token used in the STEPN app, which is used to purchase NFT sneakers in the app’s marketplaces, aside from it many other in-game utilities.
PDAX is a BSP-licensed exchange where you can trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies directly using PHP!
You might also like
PDAX account verification
March 16, 2023
Aave (AAVE) – a decentralized market maker protocol
February 20, 2023
What you need to know about Axie Infinity Shards (AXS)
February 14, 2023